Slider

Dylan Surgery-Day 3

11/9/12

Well yesterday was another good day for Dylan! Everyday he is getting stronger and stronger. They took Dylan off of his heart medication that was helping his heart function post surgery. This was a huge step in that his heart is working very well on its own. We were so excited! They are still keeping him on Versed and Morphine since the tube drains have still not come out. One side is clearing up but the other one let a little more out over night.

Yesterday I think was the biggest day for Greg and I. We finally got to hold our little guy after 48 hours of only being able to touch him. I don't know about anyone else but those were the longest and darkest hours of my life. I hated that I could not hold him. I wanted to just snuggle him up. When he got into my arms something never felt so good in my entire life. I cried lots of joyful tears. The nurses were even crying they were so excited! I think I almost held him for 2 hours. The nurses and doctors continue to be amazing and so informative and supportive through all of this. They keep asking Greg and I if Dylan ever cries? We told them no. This is his personality and just who he is. They just cannot believe with how big of a surgery he has had that he has not really cried once. He is just such a good boy!

For the most part Dylan continues to be the same. He is eating almost 4 ounces at every feeding still and sucks that bottle down. Before Dylan's surgery and his heart being fixed it would usually take me about an hour to feed him 4 ounces and sometimes he would only eat 2 to 3 ounces. When your heart is pumping as fast as his was its really hard to eat it is like a full time job for him. Now that his heart is fixed and the valves are all back together he is eating 4 ounces in about 15 to 20 minutes. This is awesome!! Another day of awesomeness for our little man. We are so proud of him and when we get out of the hospital he can have anything he wants!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan