Slider

Family Summer Vacation 2014-Part 2

8/28/14

The second part of our vacation was in Petaluma, CA which is just about 45 minutes outside of San Fransisco. It was a very little town with not much around. We picked this camp ground because it has so much for the kids to do. When we camp we like to pick camp grounds that have a lot of activities for the kids to enjoy. This is where we stayed Monday-Friday with our whole family. My cousins from Oregon came with their family, my aunts and grandma, my cousin from Santa Barbara and their family. We had about 25 people in our group! This was my favorite part of the trip. Spending time with my family is something I love to do because we don't all get together very often. I think the last time I saw my cousins and aunts from Oregon were about 3 years ago. So this was the first time in meeting our little Dylan. We did not get to the camp ground till later that day as our drive was about 6 hours. That night we enjoyed a big family dinner and lots of hanging by the camp fire.




The next day we wanted to venture out of Petaluma and go into San Fransisco city so the kids could enjoy all the fun things it had to offer. We took the ferry from Litto Island over to Pier 39 where it drops you off. The kids loved taking the boat instead of driving. We had lunch at this amazing little deli by the pier. After lunch we walked up to the Girdelli Chocolate Factory where we got the biggest ice cream cone ever! After that we walked back and went into some other little shops and tried to get the most out of it as we would only be spending one day in the city. The kids had a blast seeing everything and we had fun taking Dylan on his first boat ride!








By time we got back to camp we had just enough time to eat some dinner and get Dylan to bed. The kids were exhausted! This was such a fun day with the family and I really enjoyed the city. Greg and I both had not been there since we were little. Can't wait to go back again!

The next day we hung out around camp. We usually try to break it up so we don't get burnt out on doing things. We also want to feel like we are taking a vacation and relaxing. The kids swam in the pool, did arts and crafts, climbed the rock wall, jumped on the big jumping pad they had, went to the petting zoo you name it they did it.









 
The 4th day there we decided to take a drive to a little beach area over in Petaluma that my cousin new about. It's almost like this little beach town with some really neat coves. It was very cold once we got over there, but everyone was prepared with jackets. After a little sight seeing we took a beautiful drive over to a wonderful Italian restaurant that we all sat down and had a big family dinner!
 





 
It's always saying good by to our family when we all get together. I have always wished that my cousins and I would live close together. We are so close and I love all of them so much! We enjoyed an amazing week with our family and friends and we cannot wait till our next trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan