Slider

Momma's Love

10/25/12

Every night I have a routine for Dylan up until the time where I lay him in his bed and kiss him good night. For the most part Dylan is in bed anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00, that's if he takes a nap in the afternoon. Today was one of those days where he did not sleep all day but a cat nap here and there. As usual I gave him his bath about 5:30 and right after I got him dressed he was wanting his bottle. As I was rocking him and feeding him (which is a normal routine) he was passed out and barley ate 2 ounces. I usually put him in his bed right when he falls asleep but tonight I wanted to hold him. I put him on my shoulder to burp him a little and he was sound asleep. I could have stayed there all night with him asleep on me. As I held him a little longer tears started to run down my face. All I could think about was his surgery which is less then 2 weeks away and knowing that he has to go through this. I wish I could have the surgery for him. I am just so sad for him. As the doctor's say "the good thing is that he will never remember this." But I will!!

Being a mommy is probably the hardest job you could have yet the most rewarding and amazing job at the same time. I know I have only been a mom for 4 months now and I know I have so much more to learn, but there is nothing better then loving a child and being a mom. I have never been so in love with someone then I have my son. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my husband more then anything but my son is my angel. As Dylan's mommy I have to stay strong for him and let him know he will be ok and that he is a fighter. I need to put on that game face!

 “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” -Sophia Loren


God has truly given me one of the greatest gifts and that is being a mommy to Dylan!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan