Slider

Pregnancy Journal :: 26 Weeks

4/12/12

As I just put clothes in the dryer, I realized how much laundry Greg and I actually go through.  I feel like I just did 3 loads of laundry for us a few days ago and now it’s time again. As I was putting the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer, my thoughts turned to our baby.  I can’t even imagine how much laundry our new family of three will go through then? Then I got to thinking that I still can’t really imagine what our new life will be like with a baby.  I can’t imagine how our house will look like with baby stuff in it.  I can’t imagine loading the car up with a baby, car seat, diaper bag, stroller, and anything else that is needed before running an errand.  It sounds exhausting to me!

Before ever getting pregnant, I always thought, “I’ll be pregnant for 9 months and I’ll be ready by the time that 9 month period is over.”  Well, considering I’m not quite there yet, I wonder if I will still think like that? 

As it is I’m 26 weeks pregnant and I was informed by an email that I have 14 weeks left (keeping fingers crossed) before we meet our little boy.  While I’m so excited to meet him, see what he looks like, and to actually hold him, I can’t help but feel really unprepared.  But not unprepared in the having baby stuff sense.  I know that it’ll all come together and we’ll have all we need before he arrives. It’s the unprepared in the “what do do, how to act, what life will be like with an actual baby” sense.

Greg and I talked about this briefly the other night.  A commercial came on for something kid-related and I turned to Greg to ask him if he had thought of that yet?  He hadn’t.  Then we began to talk about how life will change.  It’s such a bizarre thing to me because I know our life will change, but I don’t know too much.

I’m pretty sure this change will be amazing and that we won’t be able to imagine life without our little boy… but right now, that seems so far away.  I’m pretty sure that our whole life will revolve around him and that we will experience a new found love so deep and wonder how we lived before knowing this feeling.  

Funny comparison, but it reminds me of life before having our cat Faith.  I have always had a cat and Greg has always had a dog, but with living in an apartment I thought a cat would be the best.   He is a dog-lover, but he didn’t think that getting a cat was the best idea because we loved to travel, go out, etc.  I told him they are the easiest to take care of, and leave for a few days. They are very independent.

When Greg’s Mom called and asked if we wanted a cat I immediately called Greg and said, “Please can we get a cat?” He was a little hesitant at first but of course he gave in. When it was time to go and pick her up I got stuck at work and sent Greg to go and pick her out. He sent me pictures of two but we decided on our little Calico baby!!!From that point on, we loved her like we could have never thought before.  We still went about our normal life, but now with her in mind too.  She wasn’t a hassle or burden to us at all; she made us happy.  

Almost immediately after we got her, Greg told me that he loved her so much and couldn’t imagine life without her.  I reminded him that he didn’t even want her and how much he had changed.  To this day, we love her so much.  She’s so much more than a little cat to us; we totally treat her like a child.  When we leave, we can’t wait to get home and see her get so excited.   She’s part of our world now and we couldn’t imagine what life would be like without her.

And I think that’s what it’ll be like with our son.  On a whole other level I’m sure.  I do feel confident that everything will just fall into place and our new life will leave us feeling more complete than we could have imagined. And for that, I’m really excited!                       

This week there has been a dramatic change in his movement. He moves so much, but there are times where I cannot feel him. It makes me nervous, but I know he is resting. I love feeling him move. I think this is my favorite part of the pregnancy so far!!! I cannot wait to meet our little guy. These last ( almost 7 months) have gone by so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan